Tuesday, March 3, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

  • Musicals. Of course, I'm first thinking of Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music, but seriously, I wish life was a musical and we could all spring into a perfectly choreographed song & dance number over mundane things like Saturday Morning Chores or Coffee at Starbucks with my Girlfriend...sigh.
  • Lazy Afternoons. I love to curl up under a blanket with a book or a movie. Or sit in the sun on the patio and sip tea. Ahhhhh...now that's what rejuvenates me.
  • The smells of fresh cut grass, vanilla and autumn leaves. There are some smells that immediately take me back in memory.
  • Burt's Bees lip balm. A winter-time staple.
  • The colors of the blue sky. Everything from the palest to the deepest.
  • Dark chocolate.
  • Socks. I love warm fuzzy socks. I borrow my son's cotton crew length socks to wear around the house. I hate cold ankles.
  • Taco Salad. Seriously, I could eat this every day. Crisp greens, fresh tomatoes, corn, avacado, sharp cheddar, black olives, black beans, some of Mike & my homemage jalepeno salsa, and a dab of sour cream.
  • Wearing a sweatshirt of my husbands. His smell is on it and I feel close to him.
  • Playing board games. Cranium, Balderdash, Monopoly, Pictionary, Scattergories, Sequence (on the homemade board my grandfather made), Scene It, Boggle...it's so fun to sit around a table with friends or family and play, usually resulting in hysterical laughter at some point.
  • Reality Game Shows. Top Chef, American Idol, The Amazing Race, Project Runway... love these!
  • A good cry. Wholehearted, gutwrentching, hold nothing back. Crying is cleansing and a release. I cry at all kinds of things: songs, movies, commercials, beauty in nature, my kids...

The list could go on...

No comments: