Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Favorite things, part 2

A while back I posted "These are a Few of My Favorite Things." Here's part 2:

  • cinnamon toast, yum! The smell and taste. Growing up it was white bread and lots of butter...now it's whole wheat and "spread", but it's oh so close!

  • Freshly painted toes...red and purple toes are the best! I think pink and french tips are over-done :)

  • swimming. i love the weightless feeling. (as a kid, i would become a mermaid by putting a scrunchie around my ankles and practice swimming with my "fin"...that's another story)

  • laughing. not polite chuckles, but shake-your-whole-body, pee-in-your-pants, ow-my-stomach-hurts laughing.
  • A good friend. There's nothing like having someone who knows you and can tell your mood just by how you answer the phone.
  • A clean kitchen. My entire house can be a mess and it won't bother me. Life goes on. But a clean kitchen makes me feel good.
  • Visiting my parents house. It's a safe, comfortable place and I feel like a kid again.
  • Coloring. Yes, give me crayons and a coloring book and I surely can entertain myself. I always could stay in the lines.
  • Post-it notes. Multi-colored and in varying sizes, these sticky-backed squares of paper could be used for a multitude of things if you let me.

No comments: