Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Jeremiah 29:11

"' I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'."

What an awesome promise from the Lord!

I have seen this promise play out. My heart has been stirred for Oak Leaf Church and Kids Ministry for quite some time. After much prayer and patience, I have been blessed with the awesome opportunity to serve on staff at Oak Leaf Church as a volunteer coordinator with Oak Leaf Kids.

I have great respect for Michael, the staff, and the mission of Oak Leaf Church: "Lead people from where they are to where God wants them to be." God meets people where they are in life and people are drawn to Him. Lives are changed at Oak Leaf. I have heard countless stories and seen great change.

I truly believe that if a child has experiences at church where they have fun, feel welcome & loved, and hear Truth about Jesus - they will beg their parents to go back. This past weekend I heard a story from a volunteer about just this: two kids begged their parents to attend Oak Leaf!

I am blessed to be a part of this mission. I trust in God's plan for my life. I cradle it in the palm of my hand, strap on my tool-belt, lace up my running shoes and jump aboard, keeping my eyes on Jesus.

No comments: