Friday, June 4, 2010

In my head...

I've got a ton going on in my life and bouncing around in my head these days...so, I'm going to share a bit:
  • Action Week, Oak Leaf Church's version of VBS, is NEXT WEEK!!! With two sessions to choose from and rotations called Connect, Create, Challenge, & Chow, kids are going to have a blast making connections to adults who genuinely care about them and desire to see kids meet Jesus on their level.
  • On Friday, my family & I fly home to Massachusetts. We'll be burying Mike's grandparents who passed in January, visiting my grandpa's grave, hanging with family and catching a Red Sox game.
  • You know that magical feeling you get when you walk down Main Street, USA at Disney World and see Cinderella's Castle? Well, I get that feeling when we walk out into the stands at Fenway Park (and I'm not even a die-hard baseball fan), but something about the Red Sox, Fenway Park and the history of it all catches my breath.
  • I've run into waaaaaaay too many people who can't pronounce Massachusetts, even educators....so I'm going to break it down for you: Mass-uh-chew-sets. Really, it's not that difficult. Please practice this a few times.
  • We have ants in our house. Ew, I know. It frustrates me to no end.
  • I'm an introvert. Meaning that people wear me out physically. Just being around people in group settings for periods of time drains me. (Don't get me wrong, I love people). I am learning to identify these situations and find alone time that will fill me up again.
  • The Georgia Barbecue Classic starts today! My husband, brother-n-law and a team of friends are entering for the first time. Their team is Backside Barbeque and they are really clever, talented, funny, guys who sure can smoke a butt (pork, I mean).
Lots going on, lots to pray about. I love how different the seasons of life can be!

No comments: