Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I have a daughter!

I recently rediscovered a box of journals, still packed up from out move south. I love to talk a walk in the past and relive moments. Here's an entry from April 14, 2001:
"I have a daughter! Born Thursday night at 10:07pm, Amber Elizabeth has my heart. She is so perfect. I feel so full, my heart is continually smiling and is spilling over onto my face. We've been home form the hospital for about six hours now. Amber is on her first walk with Mike and Caeleb. Mike is eager to show her off, I think. He's a proud daddy. And Caeleb is a proud big brother. He knows "exactly" what to do. When Haha and Papa told him Friday morning that he had a baby sister, his first reaction was to say, "I want breakfast!" But when he came to see her, he knew just how to hold her and he sang "Happy Birthday" and "Rock-a-bye-baby", gave her kisses, and hummed to her. Seeing him holding her gave me quite an overwhelming feeling, too. My children. My son and daughter."
I love looking back at these moments. My heart was so full of lave and awe... 

No comments: